Aug 7, 2011

French Macarons






The only thing in my life I kept trying and trying to do is the French Macarons, I never gave up. And I have tried so many recipes and I think they are good, but it didn't work with all of them. Maybe two or three worked well with me, but I'll share the easiest one. 


I got this recipe from a PDF file I don't remember from where exactly I got it, but its name is "Master the Macaron" by Irina Kogan. A big thank you to her!


Here's my first attempt... 



Lol, at least it tasted good!

Ingredients: (I recommend u go with the grams for accurate amounts) 
1 cup (100 g) almond flour 
1 1/2 cups (175 g) powdered sugar 
3 large (1/3 cup, 100 g) egg whites 
2 T (30 g) granulated sugar



1- Prepare two sheet pans by lining with either parchment paper or Silpats.

2- Prepare a pastry bag with a plain tip. 
3- sift the dry ingredients (the powdered sugar and the almond flour) in a large bowl. 
4- In a separate, whisk the whites with either a hand mixer or a standing mixer. It will get foamy, and just when it starts to forth up and get meringue-like, sprinkle in the granulated sugar.  
 5- Continue to whisk until soft peaks are formed. Like this: 


6- Once the whites are whipped, incorporate the dry, slowly, so the egg whites don't deflate. Sprinkle half the dry stuff over the egg whites.
7- Start folding the dry in carefully. Now add the rest of the dry. And Keep folding until all the ingredients come together. 
8- Fill the pastry bag with the batter. 
9- Pipe the Macarons on the pans. 
10- Let them rest until a skin is formed on each Macaron. 
11- Bake at 280 degrees F (about 138 C) for 17 minutes. My Macarons needed more than 17 minutes, so you will have to check on them. 

And you're done, I don't have to go through the recipe of the filling, you can make whatever you want. 



These are last night's results.  



They were supposed to be filled with raspberry buttercream frosting but I didn't have raspberry at that time so it's only vanilla. 

I hope you find this post useful, and if you have any question, feel free to ask. 


No comments:

Post a Comment